Toode asub Suur-Karja 14, Tallinn, Estonian Design House+, +372 537 680 18
The most eco-friendly leather high-top sneaker on the market.
LOVE OF DETAIL – QUALITY FEATURES
- Lightly padded shaft end provides greater comfort.
- Removable, breathable footbed is made from 100% natural materials.
- Finely roughened leather insert on the inner heel for added support.
- The typical “V” design line of the shaft end stands for CerVo Volante as well as for the mountains and valleys where the red deer live.
- Fine stag beetle embossing has been inserted on the tongue.
The textile insole is connected to the shoe upper by a seam using the Strobel construction. The rubber sole is sewn to the shoe upper. The result is an unusually light, flexible and comfortable shoe.
Manufactured in a small Italian shoe manufactory in Tuscany.
The upper leather, which is purely vegetable tanned in Switzerland, comes from the wild Swiss red deer, as with all Cervo Volante shoes. The surface has been left natural without any treatment.
The colours correspond to the natural colouring caused by the tanning with European oak. Available for this model (as long as available):
OTHER SUSTAINABLE COMPONENTS
Footbed: Made by thermoforming natural latex and coconut fibres without the use of synthetic substances. Antimicrobial, breathable and comfortable. Removable.
Reinforcements: All reinforcements at heel and toe are 100% Cervo Volante deer leather.
Sole: Handmade from 100% natural rubber (each sole is taken in hand over 50 times). Brown sneakers: Sole undyed, black sneakers: Sole dyed with Italian charcoal.
Shoelace: 100% wood-based Lyocell (Tencel) with plastic-free needles.
Packaging: recycled silk paper and 100% recycled cardboard box as shipping box.
* The name is inspired by the local mountain of the city of Zurich. Because red deer not only roar in Graubünden and Valais but – the city dweller is amazed – for some time now they have also been roaring again on the Uetliberg! Only the wearers of the Uetliberg high-top sneaker probably know about the wild luck of their existence near the city…